The Brookfield School Mission Statement:
"Brookfield School is a learning community where children are nurtured and cherished. Our mission is to encourage and guide our students to develop to their fullest potential, both intellectually and socially. Academic excellence, civility, and good character are hallmarks of Brookfield graduates."
- Grades TK through eighth (Pre-K starting Fall of 2013)
- Approximately 150 students
- Typical class size: 18
- Beautiful, modern facility on 5 acres
- Independent, co-educational, college preparatory school
- Focus on individual academic achievement and personal responsibility
- Students "rise to the challenge" of high expectations
- Highly structured environment
- Accelerated learning within an enriched academic context
- High-level goals for each child: the ability to think, to communicate effectively in both oral and written form, and to read with comprehension.
- Strong language arts program with monthly oral presentations, declamations and written book reports.
- Intensive foreign language (French or Spanish)
- Thorough arithmetic fundamentals, Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, Geometry
- Comprehensive computer program
- Solid science and social sciences program
- Physical education/Health class 4 days a week
- Pre- and after-school care onsite
- Selection of extra-curricular programs (after-school sports, art, drama, music, etc.)
- School day: 8:50 a.m. to 3:20 p.m.
- An culture of civility, respect, and excellence
- Continuous operation since 1962